Thursday, December 17, 2015

'Tis the season

The holidays, for a crafter, are crazy. Crazy busy, crazy creative, crazy fun... and crazy. There are so many lists: handmade gifts, and projects for holiday shows, teachers to make for, yankee swaps, parties... It's manic I tell you!
 
All the same, this year has been a best ever year. Holiday shows have produced more sales for me than ever before and I am grateful to the community I'm in for all the support. That being said, this past week has been a major frenzy for the last show of the year: BCA's Holiday Artist Market. I love this show for so many reasons, mostly because I get to see all the summer artist market vendors that I miss seeing!
 
And I love doing these last minute, what-can-I-come-up-with projects:
 
 
 
 
Bags! New bag designs are my way to stretch my creative muscles and use on-hand fabrics to create some unique piece to sell at market. This bag uses some scraps from a blanket I made for my daughter Mira. It solidified in my mind over a couple of days and came together very quickly. I just love experimenting with these ideas!
 
Looking forward to slowing down next week and spending time baking cookies, catching up on some TV watching, and visiting with family. Happy Holidays everyone!

0 comments:

Post a Comment