Friday, October 23, 2015

Stormy Quilt

It's interesting to me how my projects often reflect my mood. I've been dark and stormy lately, but still hoping for the sunshine to lift me up.
 


Cloud 9 First Light Organic Flannel.


Doe by Carolyn Friedlander.

What do I love about this quilt? So many things. Contrast and tension in the colors and quilting. Harmonious elements in the line drawings. Symbolism - sun in the colors, raindrops in the circles.

And perfectly mitered corners. On all four corners. Precision is beauty!

2 comments:

Jess said...

I love the metered corners. Plus, the high school colors rock. Go Stoners!! Seriously, though, it's beautiful.

Running Ohm said...

the fabric really lent itselt to the project

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.