Monday, September 28, 2015

Little Tree Quilt

I finished the little tree quilt! If you're interested in the tutorial for the tree block, click here.

 



I'm in love with the textures this quilt has. There is a very nice combination of different fabrics including lots of Cotton and Steel, some beautiful solids, Kaufman Chambray dots, and even a touch of Skinny laMinx. Background is done in Kona Snow.

 

Backing is a Kaufman Chambray Dot (Olive), and quilting lines are variegated softly falling lines (like snow in winter).

This is one of the only quilts I've ever hand stitched the back side of the binding for. This quilt is being made as a wall hanging, and there really is no other way to get a beautiful clean and crisp front side of the quilt. The finished size of this quilt is approx. 40" x 48"... I used and 8x8 grid of my little tree blocks that had been trimmed to 5.5" x 6.5".


I hope you love it! This quilt will have a very special home this holiday season. I will be sure to post about that when the time comes ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.