Friday, October 25, 2013

Blogger's Quilt Festival Fall 2013

It's that time of year! The semi-annual Blogger's Quilt Festival, hosted by Amy's Creative Side, is one of my Favorite times of year. Not only does it coincide with the Quilt Fest tradeshow and news about new lines of fabric, it also puts together an amazing community of online quilting bloggers. The inspiration is endless!

This time around I would like to showcase my Color Shard Quilt. I am tremendously proud of this quilt, and love that it's a rainbow of scraps that are meaningful to me. Scraps from when I first started quilting. Favorite little snippets, and reminders of how far I've come with my sewing. Plus, it's such a cheerful quilt!







Finished size: 51"x 67"... ROYGBIV category, Scrappy category, Home machine quilted category, throw quilt category
AmysCreativeSide

13 comments:

Charlotte said...

it *is* a happy quilt! Enjoy the festival :-)

Janine said...

Love the scrappiness! Great quilt.

Molly said...

I love this quilt! So simple ... yet so striking. I had to click on the link as soon as I saw it. The quilting goes with it perfectly. As soon as I figure out how we nominate quilts I'm throwing yours in the ring!

CitricSugar said...

How fun and bright!

Rachaeldaisy said...

What a lovely way to use those special scraps. The simplicity is really beautiful.

Patti said...

I love it! Great use of special scraps!

Kate said...

Beautifully done! Love the color and the simplicity.

Vicki Posten said...

How fun is this quilt? All the colors are so much fun.

Mary said...

Happy Quilt to use all of your scraps. The pieced backing is great too.

Pat Merkle said...

Lovely quilt!

Canadian Abroad said...

Most definitely a happy quilt. I really like it.

Vera said...

Very Lovely!

Sharon said...

Great idea to use all those so-special scraps! It's wonderful!

Post a Comment