Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Big Sky Quilt

There is something very satisfying about being able to finish a quilt in one weekend. With two kids, and increasing activities like soccer, piano, skating, swimming... it's nice to just sit down and sew something start to finish within a short time frame. Enter the fun, fresh, and calming Big Sky Quilt:


I used a lovely print from Anna Maria Horner, and clearly... whole cloth quilting. I love these feathers so very much, and how they evoke flight and freedom, and softness.

The backing is done in Essex yarn dyed linen blend, which I prewashed and is ridiculously soft.

I love that I was able to find a bold print to use as the binding. It really brings out the color and warmth in the feathers and purple? Just my favorite color :)


This quilt finished up at around 41"x54", a great lap sized quilt for car rides, picnics, and other adventures!

1 comments:

Post a Comment