Thursday, August 15, 2013

Color Shard Quilt

I love Pinterest.

Because without Pinterest, I could not take an inspiration photo like this one...



... And turn it into the most favorite quilt I've made yet:


I'm calling mine the Color Shard Quilt, and I did not intentionally switch the placement of the color triangles, but it turns out fine.

I used many many of my old scraps for this quilt. It's a great scrap buster, and doesn't need very precise measurements. Each triangle is a different shape. It lends lots of whimsy to the overall sharpness of the quilt.


For the back of the quilt... Clearly more scrap and stash busting. I don't have a lot of true reds or purples, so I used up most of what I have here. I guess if I want to do another of these quilts I will have to buy some more RED :)


Quilted with straight lines with my walking foot. I found this wonderful batting that is 50/50 cotton poly that is so soft and light, and 100% recycled material. It's my new go-to batting and I plan to use it from here on out. Just wish I could find it in other sizes.


I washed the quilt before photographing it. In case of color bleeding, which was certainly a concern of a quilt of so many colors!

My only wish-I-had-done is that I should have made it bigger. After washing it's a large throw: 51"x 67". Barely a twin size. So I guess I'll have to make another. Sometime ;)

COLOR LOVE!


8 comments:

Sarah said...

oh thats gorgeous!

Sara said...

So pretty! I've been wanting to make one of these too!

Kymberly said...

Lovely quilt. Such a great use of scraps.

Renee said...

Isn't that pretty!! I've seen that inspirational photo a few times and love it. Your version turned out great too! Makes me want to get out my scraps right now!

akainik said...

Love it!!! great use for your scraps

Came from Quilt Story!

Pennie said...

Gorgeous

quiltswithpersonality said...

Gorgeous ........love scrappy. Thanks for sharing. Stopping by from Quilt Story. Marie (mlismore@optusnet.com.au)

Anonymous said...

This is so beautiful!!

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.