Monday, July 15, 2013

Ocean Dreams Quilt

As promised! Pictures of my latest quilt. I'm calling it Ocean Dreams, because it is full of ocean themed fabrics, and is a totally dreamy color pallette.


I quilted it with some ocean waves, that echo off of each other to the center of the quilt. It turned out pretty cool looking, once it was washed and crinkly!


The whole quilt is based off of a Heather Ross spoonflower print, which is based on her old famous Mendocino fabric line. I just love the swimming sisters, one a mermaid, one a human girl:


I pieced the back with prints from the front. I especially love the gray whales. Some of the individual prints are from juvenile fabric lines, but the effect of the quilt in it's entirety is really all age appropriate.


If you're interested in buying this quilt, it's listed in my etsy shop :)


0 comments:

Post a Comment