Monday, February 18, 2013

Earrings and Gum

Yes. I have not posted for a long, long time. I took a break. Enjoying the kids, had some good end of year craft shows, and basically just laying low. I'm not running, I'm sewing not a whole lot, but I am really enjoying just being.

That being said... I have a MIRA post! In the past I've been really good about documenting the girls' lives but really strayed toward more sewing posts in the past couple of years. I'd like to balance that more, so that I can look back and see a record of some milestones!

So here. Mira is one full of personality. We recently filled out a preschool application for her, and one of the questions was "How would you describe your child's personality in 3 words:", and there were lots of words thrown around. I mean, how do you box your kid into THREE words? Keith did it best: "cute, short, and loud". It's true. That is Mira in a nutshell.

The other thing that sticks out about Mira lately is her rash accessorization. Rash is not the right word. I think she probably puts quite a lot of thought into what she wears but she comes off as slap and dash. Headbands, lots of headbands... and daily talk of earrings. She desperately wants to have earrings. The real kind. That need holes. In her ears. And since she can't have those, she asks me daily if I will put earrings in my holes. I think she doesn't understand yet... I'm too practical for that!

And Gum. She's recently been allowed to chew gum and that's all she wants besides earrings. Gum. and Earrings. And Gum. No dinner (anything called "Dinner" must be yucky, according to Mira). But Gum. And Earrings.

Mira in Motion. With headbands, clip on earrings, and a necklace.


Mira's "Mad Face", which really translates into "Mad Whole Body". She's not really mad, she just likes to make this face.

1 comments:

Omi said...

I'm glad that you're blogging again. I love reading about what is going on when I can't be there.

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.