Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Need it? Nah, but... (stash it!)

Let's all admit... there's a big difference between "need" and "want", right?! Well, let's just say that it's been awhile since I succumbed to my whims and desires while shopping for fabric :) I had a BIG shopping list for Jo-Ann fabrics today, including a bunch of basics like pillow forms, muslin, and basic linen. I knew there were also some prints I'd like to pick up, like the DS grey polka dots. And I also knew that I've been a little stressed, and when I'm stressed... I like to shop.

So here's what I ended up with:


I did pretty well. Controlled myself. I left at least 3 prints behind that I have fallen for more than once. And I left with these: a beautiful jewel toned print that I think I'll turn into a 241 tote along with the solid berry in the middle. A neat Orla Kiely inspired print in poppy pink and red, and some DS navy berries.

Do you guys only shop for "designer" fabric, or do you love perusing the aisles and aisles at your local chain fabric store? I'm no fabric snob, I love going to JoAnn's :)... Besides, you can often find some great designer fabrics hidden in there - I've gotten some great Michael Miller prints, and other people have even scored some Heather Ross in the bargain bins!

1 comments:

Jo said...

Oh yeah, i love Joanne's. I got a $50 gift card for my birthday and used all those coupon commotion things with it. It was like having $100! My LQS is really snobby and i only go there if i need something ASAP. Otherwise, it's Joannes or on-line shopping. You got some pretty fabrics!

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.