Tuesday, September 18, 2012

A New Noodlehead pattern!

Yay! I can finally post about this beautiful bag :) Anna over at Noodle-head.com has come up with yet another wonderful bag pattern, and I was lucky enough to be a pattern tester/editor for her again. As you all may know, I am a huge fan of Noodle-head patterns for their curvy lines and wonderful, clear directions. I think a person can become a very versed and accomplished bag maker just by working through her tutorials and patterns.

Her new pattern, the Sidekick tote, is great for many reasons: it has a recessed zipper (few bag patterns out there do, so this is a great feature!), two sizes, two pocket options, and instructions for an adjustable strap. These touches all make for a great bag, and also make good skills to learn.


This is my version... I used some of my dad's old Brooks Brothers wool gabardine pants, and they made for a gorgeous bag. Wonderful fall/winter material!


I used Liz Scott's Sugar Pop flower buds for Moda for the lining of pockets, and Michael Miller Mod Prints French Roast in Gray for the outside pocket. I have my cousin to thank for that print - she picked it out for some new pillows for her apartment :)


I'm really happy to have taken the plunge into adjustable straps. I know they aren't so hard, especially for a MechE like me, but for some reason I was just not interested in tackling them until now. I've put them into another bag since this, and I think I'm a convert. They're easy to do, and really make a bag more versatile.


So hop on over to get a look at the pattern info, and maybe even buy a copy for you to make!

0 comments:

Post a Comment