Monday, August 20, 2012

First Outdoor Show

This past weekend I attended my first outdoor show as a vendor. It was an extension of the weekly local farmers market, and therefore relatively low pressure. That is to say, it wasn't strictly a craft show, so the table fee was low and the atmosphere festive as opposed to a "shop til you drop" mentality.

It was a great setup for my first outdoor show. I got to drive right up to my booth location and I had two great friends helping me setup, takedown, and throughout the show. It definitely helps to have friends! Another really great friend loaned me her canopy tent, and I'm so grateful!

I had set up the booth in my mind  several times, and had trouble sleeping the night before for fear that I had misjudged the dimensions in my head. But really it all came together better than I had imagined, and hanging my quilts along the back and sides really made the booth come together visually. I made the table covering at the last minute, and am thrilled with how it turned out.


As you can see, it was a beautiful day, sunny and slightly breezy. It was wonderful to meet some local customers and people who just really appreciated my work :)


Hopefully next summer I can fit in more than one outdoor show!


2 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.