Wednesday, June 20, 2012

The Junebag

For the first time ever on the Junebug Blog... I present the "Junebag"!!! Tee hee.



You see, I've named all my custom bags after the people who have inspired them (see, Erica Bag, Emily Bag). And this bag I made all for me. It has all the elements I need for the "perfect purse". And I made it in the month of June! Such a perfect name for a cute bag :)

The bag has a main zipper pocket - a must for me as I'm paranoid about losing stuff. The zipper across the top completely encloses the main portion of the bag.

There are also two front slip pockets, for sunglasses, sunscreen, subway pass... anything that I need to be easily accessible. There's also a tiny zip pocket embedded in front of the slip pockets for my cell phone. I'll probably have to redesign if I switch to an iPhone, but for now my little cellie fits perfectly.

And of course, never to shy away from pockets (love to be organized!) there is a very generous zip pocket along the back of the bag:


The strap is a long 40" because with two little kids, I definitely need to be hands free. So, the bag is designed to be a messenger style, without being too big and bulky.


Inside the main interior of the bag... two large slip pockets, one with a pen slot for writing checks, or phone numbers.

Both the outer and the interior are home dec weight fabrics. The pockets and linings are from Erin McMorris' Summersault line.

Finished bag approx 9"x10"




Sew Sweetness

0 comments:

Post a Comment