Friday, May 18, 2012

Summertime Baby Quilt

I have made a quilt in possibly record time!

My Local Quilt Shop had their grand re-opening this weekend, in a new and beautiful space. Keith graciously let me go to it early (part of a Mother's day weekend for me, I think), and at the last minute I spotted this adorable elephant print from the 1,2,3, Play with me collection by Stofe of Denmark. I'd never seen it before, and the colors in it are playful without being super baby-ish.

I immediately got to work on a quilt top, and finished it off last night!


I added lots of polkadot blenders and rounded the corners to help soften the rigidity of the straight lines. A lot like my solids mini, I seem to like some juxtapositioing in my sewing :)


I backed it with one continuous peice of a DS Quilts grey polkadot which I just LOVE for its modern simplicity and for it's beautiful satiny sheen.


Of course I also added one of my new (woven!) labels.

 Lastly, bound in another coordinating Stofe print from the same 1, 2, 3, Play with me line.

A bright, fun baby quilt perfect for ushering in the summertime!

Finished quilt size approx 44" x 54"

Linking up to:

Amy's Creative Side Ellison Lane Quilts

25 comments:

Sandra F said...

LOVE the binding - it looks beautiful!!

Teresa said...

SO cute!!

CitricSugar said...

Beautiful - and you're right, that back is perfect! Love the rounded corners.

carol fun said...

What a sweet quilt! Love the rounded corners - a great touch!

Sarcastic Quilter said...

This is great! your idea to add polka dots and round corners is a wonderful contribution to making this look this good. :D

Margaret said...

sweet!

Margaret
http://quiltsoflove.blogspot.com/

Rachaeldaisy said...

I really love this quilt. Gorgeous fabrics and pattern and the rounded corner are so sweet!

Robin said...

That elephant print is so fun! And the rounded corners are a happy touch. Thanks so much for sharing. :)

Alisa said...

Cute quilt! I love rounded corners on baby quilts too.

Julie said...

This is so cute! I love your fabric choice and the rounded edges!

Carla said...

Very cute and I love the binduing.

Janet said...

I can see that the elephants are all dots too. This is a lovely dotty quilt! I love the rounded corners and the binding.

Teresa F. said...

Sweet lovely quilt. The binding looks great.

Kristine said...

Adorable. I love it!

Eileen said...

Nice! Any baby will love it with the fun fabrics. Thanks for sharing and have a great day

capitolaquilter said...

I love the curved edges on the quilt, it gives such a gentle touch. Perfect for a baby.

Linda at Roscoe's Ma said...

This is a sweet quilt. I love the fabric you chose! Perfect!

Wendi said...

This quilt is so sweet. I love the elephants and your choice of binding!

Habibti at Home said...

Adorable! I love quick satisfying quilts like this! Great prints.

Melanie said...

lovely! the rounded corners are perfect.

Kati from Kati's Quilting said...

So cute! I love the dotty little elephants, they're so adorable! :)

Taya@TypeB said...

That is a really sweet quilt. I really love the fabrics you chose!

Nicole said...

Those elephants are cute! Perfect for a baby quilt!

Simply Sandy said...

Oh how cute! Great fabric choice, love the little elephants. The backing is great. I really like the curved corners and your little woven label, too!

~Kelie~ said...

I LOVE THIS QUILT!!!! It's FANTASTIC!!!!

Post a Comment