Monday, February 6, 2012

Mouthy Stitches Pouch done!

I've finished one of two swap projects this weekend. My partner for the Mouthy Stitches Swap seems to like simple design, clean lines, some color... but ultimately I think she's easy to please because she doesn't normally sew zipper pouches herself.

Unfortunately because it is a secret swap I can't show you her mosaic so that you can judge whether or not I hit the mark. But after, I'll try to remember to post it so you can compare.


Mouthy Pouch - Front

As with a previous swap pouch, I used some of my dad's old wool suit pants. They make for a great pouch basis, since they're thin but not too thin, and a nice neutral background.

Circles of rainbows. Of course - you know me! They're appliqued on with fusible web and then quilted across.

Mouthy Pouch - Back

The back is quilted with variegated rainbow thread.

Mouthy Pouch - Inner


The linings are always the best part for me - a hidden little gem that helps top off the whole project. For this one I cut into my Momo It's a Hoot for Moda - I think this is my first cut of this fabric. So yeah, this pouch is special :)

5 comments:

Post a Comment