Wednesday, January 18, 2012

My First Potholder

Do y'all know what a Yankee Swap is? Look it up. I have one tonight for my MOMS Club, and I think that by now everyone knows that I re-gift and/or handmake something for it. The rule is that you are supposed to bring a $10 value gift that you yourself would like to have. I personally don't love going out and buying something so I usually make something for it, or give a gift of something we have around the house that we don't make good use of. Don't get me wrong, I don't White Elephant it, I try to make something people would want.

In fact, one of my goals is to have the most traded/sought after item. Because secretly we all want to be wanted, right???

Anyway, this year for the swap I made a potholder. My first ever. Round. Scrappy. And I wish I could keep it.


backed with some Echino scrap:

and yes, I cheated a little with some storebought bais tape


But it looks good, right? Would you like to have such a gift?


And what do you think... just the potholder, or should I include this very slightly used teapot too? Does that go too far above the $10 limit?

Oh, and I hope none of the people attending the party are reading this because it would totally ruin the surprise.

3 comments:

Kim said...

How cute is that! and YES!

amy and the bad cats said...

totally cute! i've been wanting to try a circular pot holder or coaster set, but i have sooooo many things that need finishing up that i'm not allowing myself to start anything until i get in a couple of finishes!

so, did it end up being the most coveted gift?

Ruth said...

Did you use a tutorial for this? I'd really like to try and make one smilar! It's beautifully done!

Post a Comment