Monday, October 3, 2011

Runnin' Runnin'

My big motto lately is follow-through. I said I'd finish the Pick a Bunch quilt and I did. I completed a 6 years in the making knitting project. I signed up for a craft fair. But the other big thing you didn't know about (maybe) is that I started running. My friend Kate and I (at the urging from Rachel) started the Couch to 5K running program at the beginning of the summer. After we finished the program, in order to maintain motivation, we signed up for a 5K race. And we did it! Kate got her personal best time, I ran the whole thing, overall a great experience, even though it was raining.

Here we are post race:



Summary: glad I did it, plan to keep running, but still... prefer sewing :) At least this is a way to avoid "quilter's butt" (ha)

3 comments:

Kim said...

Congratulations!!!!! I love running! I am much slower than I was in my 30's but it is a great way to get outta my own head!

Rachel said...

YAY!!!!

Gina said...

Way to go, June!

Post a Comment