Monday, October 10, 2011

Pretty! Too Pretty...

So I've made a couple of pouches for the Pretty Little Pouch swap, and I really like both of them. But the one I made last night I think I might have to keep. Is that too selfish? I'm not sure if I will yet, but I just love it so much.

PLP Option Front


Add to the fact that I have NO MORE of that Red riding hood fabric and I really just don't want to part with it. Give me a few days though, and maybe I won't feel so passionate about it :).

PLP Option Riding Hood


I've been experimenting with Linen lately, and the pintucks were something I've been wanting to try. For the first time on this pouch I also tried lining without fusible interfacing. Instead, I sewed in some canvas under the linen, and it gives the pouch a good sturdiness. Plus now it's more "natural", quite in theme with the linen and the foresty-ness.

PLP Option Back


The back stitching mimicks the front, but the part I love the most about this pouch is the lining. I bought a scant 1/4 yard of it in the spring, and of course I love it and can't find anymore of it. It's a small print of little baby forest animals all tucked into one another. And it is SO soft. I made a mental note to save the rest of it to go into Mira's as yet undesigned future quilt. I just know I have to save some of it for us!

PLP Option Inside


Edited to add... if you're interested in how to make this particular cathedral window, look here at spotted stone...

And because this was designed with the season in mind, I'll be submitting it to this month's Celebrate Color event.
Celebrate Color

8 comments:

Connie said...

I don't blame you -- I'd keep it, too. It is lovely.

Jeannie said...

I would so be keeping this myself!! If this doesn't come to me I might have to copy you.hah.ah.ah.a.a.a.. Totally love it.

Domestic Artisan said...

It's delightful! I'd keep it if in a few days you still hold it so dear.

Domestic Artisan said...

I love this so much, I'm back again! Is this from a tutorial or is it yours, if so any chance of a tutorial?!

Katy Cameron said...

So cute, love that single cathedral window

Along the Ausable said...

Keep it! You'll regret it...

Micmacker said...

OH MY GAH-AH-AH!!! I love this - DO NOT LET ME NEAR IT I WILL STEAL IT.
And yeah, do the tute!

amy dame said...

this is super cute! the pintucks look really sharp.

you should keep it! think about all of the sewing that you do for other people, and how much joy you'll get from using the pouch. you deserve it!

Post a Comment