Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Pick a Bunch Quilt - Done!

You know I'm true to my word. I'm nothing if not good with follow through - I finished the Pick A Bunch quilt!

porch


I peiced the front with alternating strips of the jelly roll of fabric and strips of white fabric. The back is a peiced sheet with a few half square triangle pinwheels randomly placed, and the binding is some kind of dark brown Kona cotton (espresso?). I did the same as with my Pips quilt and stitched on the binding with one of my sewing machine's decorative stitches.

I love this quilt - I made it just for me. Just because I loved the fabric line. And there are things I would do differently (namely, not really ever interested in stitch in the ditch anymore) but overall I really like the way the quilt looks.

pickabunchmosaic

1. livingrm, 2. selvedge, 3. front, 4. back

Oh and what's a good quilt until it's put to good use?

mira_quilt


And lastly, because this quilt completely celebrates COLOR, I'm submitting it to Stitched In Color's color celebration. (Yup, color 3 times in one sentence :)

Celebrate Color

12 comments:

Jana said...

that is gorgeous! nice work!!

Domestic Artisan said...

It's stunning, well done you!

Katy Cameron said...

Oh that looks fab, love that idea

Lizbeth Brown said...

ah! I love it!

Lindsay Conner said...

Yeay, bright and colorful fun!

Along the Ausable said...

This is the most wonderful quilt I have ever seen. Love it!

cinzia said...

just saw this on quiltstory. your quilt is stunning! I love all the bright colors!

Melissa said...

What a beautiful quilt! Well done :)

Jessica said...

I saw this on quilt story, I looooooove it!! What a fun simple way to use a jelly roll!

Alyssa said...

Gorgeous!!

Alyssa
www.SweetSewnStitches.com

Candice said...

very pretty and such a happy feeling :)

Sheila said...

Gorgeous quilt! I'd love to adapt this for a crib quilt I need to make soon. :)

Post a Comment