Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Summer stretch

Well, the summer has just been flying by, and now it's almost time for school. There certainly haven't been enough hours in the day for me between the beach, new reads, and new friends. I have been making time for sewing as well, but I look forward to school starting, regular schedules, and longer nights: perhaps a little more free time for my favorite method of stress-relief.

Lately I've been sewing lots of solids. I joined a swap group whose primary purpose is to explore modern fabric creations using strictly solid fabrics. I sewed a wall hanging (my first) for my swap partner, using a color scheme she likes for the front:


And a color scheme more true to me on the back:



I also had a surprise custom order via my etsy site - a swooping solids pillow in colors chosen by the customer. I wasn't sure I'd like it, but it turned out to be a great sneak peek into some great fall colors:

0 comments:

Post a Comment