Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Pattern Test - the Go Anywhere Bag

Hi All! Nope. Didn't disappear. Just getting ready for my first school year in a loooong time! That is to say, I'm getting ready for Kindergarten. Yup, it appears it is harder for me than the actual kindergartener, so I am trying to distract myself with things like sewing pretty bags!

Case in point, Anna of Noodlehead's new bag pattern, the Go Anywhere Bag.

Isn't it pretty? After her gorgeous 241 tote pattern came out and I gave her some notes on it, she asked me if I'd pattern test her next bag, and of course I said yes!

I made this bag in less than 24 hours, which is a feat for me during summer vacation with two girls and not enough time or energy available. In fact I think from start to finish this took me about 6 hours. Next time it would of course be faster :)

I like to pattern test because I am a very fussy, nitpicky person. I like working with Anna's patterns especially, because she makes beautiful bags! I love that she incorporates curves into things, and that her patterns really help showcase several fabrics. In this case, I really wanted to show off some old curtains of my mom's. I found this funky fabric in her spare room drawer and immediately asked for it. Backed with some solid home dec blue, and linen straps, I think the bag turned out wonderfully.

With it's plethora of pockets and generous size this has become our newest diaper bag. The big back pocket is great for diapes and wipes and the front divided pocket works well for keeping sunscreen, bug spray, and sunglasses accessible. Anna's instructions are written well, and the bag went together really without a hitch. I highly recommend checking out all her patterns!



3 comments:

Domestic Artisan said...

I love your fabric choices & I really want to buy this pattern from Anna. I've only done one bag from a book recently, do you think a "advanced" beginner that's made some basic clothes could do this? Thanks for sharing!

Micmacker said...

I've been eyeing this one myself. Working on another bag at the moment; this is probably my next project. Looks like those solids are carrying over from the swap - love the fabric mix!

Susan said...

Im going to try this! Nice job.

Post a Comment