Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Hammie my Hammie

Wanna know what I've been doing today? Sorting and dating pictures. Real prints. Photographs. I have more than a year and a half's worth of photos languishing in a box, waiting to be sorted by date and placed into an album with cute captions. No, I do not scrap book. I think it is a waste of time (ie I'd rather sew), but I do put them into albums with a little note on what the picture is about. So ALL DAY I have been dating the backs of photos so that I can album them in order.

Which is where this post comes in. I had meant to post it when I took the pics but must have forgotten. So, from April 1, 2011... may I present Hammie.

Hammie is a little stuffed animal that Mira has. Lili and Mira each got one, and Mira took to hers right away. She calls him Hammie and he sleeps with her every night, even still. One day Hammie got lost. No idea where. Mira had to go without. After about a week? Mira's playing with Noah's Ark and suddenly yells "HAMMIE". She had shoved him in the ark to be forgotten. And was overjoyed when she found him:




Today, Hammie is starting to get matted, and smells about as good as her lovie does (which is to say, not so great), but she loves him dearly. So much so that he's often shoved between her mattress and the crib bumper every morning :)

1 comments:

Micmacker said...

These photos are freakin' adorable! Tip: When Hammie goes for a washing machine bath, throw it in one of those mesh lingerie bags for extra protection.

Post a Comment