Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Cut the cord - It's Kindergarten!

Lili, my first born, had her first day of Kindergarten today! And I have to admit, it was way harder for me than it was for her.

She slept well, got up and got ready with plenty of time to walk to the bus stop.

That backpack was heavy!

Waiting at the bus stop with the other new Kindergarteners.

Lili got her game face on. I could tell she was going through her mental checklist of what she had to do to get to her classroom. She didn't even say good bye!

(Sob). There she goes.

I could see her through the window of the bus, having trouble finding a seat. Talk about will power - it took all of mine not to get on the bus to help her.

And now? I'm having some quiet time, Mira in a nap, waiting another hour or so until I head back to greet my girl.

3 comments:

Ducks and Rabbits said...

Awww! So cute! Congratulations on the milestone. My first will head to school in January and I'm pretty sure I'll feel the same way.

Ruthie said...

! =)

Micmacker said...

I'll bet Lili is loving school. Susannah just started MIDDLE SCHOOL! And I vividly remember her first day of school (and bursting into tears on the walk).

Post a Comment