Monday, July 4, 2011

Sentimental Baby Gift Pillow

When showing a project that you made for a friend, there is no better reaction than: "Oh June! You outdid yourself!". Which is the reaction I got today when I unveiled this:


This pillow has a long story behind it. My friend Rachel was organizing a baby quilt for her friend, made from fabrics chosen by said friend's best friends. Six mammas picked out their favorite green shaded fabric, and Rachel was to sew them together into a baby quilt for the baby shower. Said baby is now almost a year old and the quilt top was languishing on Rachel's sewing table. So she sent the scraps away to me and asked me to put together a pillow that involved all six fabrics. So that's what I did. I made a basic brick wall for the front, and used the strips Rachel had precut to make the back.


Envelope enclosure, with my (new!) labels.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.