Monday, June 27, 2011

Quilt show!

Vermont Quilt Festival was this past weekend and it was the first quilt show I've ever been to. There were more quilts than I could look at in a few hours, but it was amazing to see the variety and the talent...

My favorite quilt was a wall hanging at a vendor booth, but you can see all the pictures here. I have an obvious like of rainbow quilts!

I went to the show with my new sewing friend, Sarah. It was really fun to go with another person, especially Sarah, who is up to date on knowledge of different fabric lines, and sewing techniques. She helped me learn a bit about Kate Fassett (a fabric designer), and convinced me into sharing some Alexander Henry fabric I was eyeing!

Besides all the quilts on display, there were many vendor booths with fabric, and notions... as well as vendors with different machines to try! It was great to browse, and here are the things I purchased at the show:



A yard of Kate Fassett "Paperweight"


A yard of Brandon Malby "Beaded Tents"


2 1930's reproduction prints, and a FQ of Alexander Henry Socks


Last but NOT least... a Bernina Walking foot for the new machine, and a set of leather bag handles! Fun. Fun. Fun.

0 comments:

Post a Comment