Thursday, June 30, 2011

June ALFALC Swap

I had such great luck with the "A little Fabric a little Chocolate" swap last time (I even made a great new friend through it - Hi Teri!), that I decided to participate again for the month of June. It would be a nice birthday month thing to do.

And this swap has me hooked! It is SO much fun getting to know another sewing enthusiast for a month and seeing what kinds of projects they work on and what fabrics they are interested in. I was very lucky to be paired with someone who seems to have lots of cute japanese fabrics, and also knows how to sew a recessed zipper. What I was most impressed with about Amy is that she sews primarily for other people. She gives everything she makes away! I can't fathom that. There are so many projects I've made that I can't bear to part with.

Anyway, back to the package I got today! It's always fun to get mail. More fun when it is a fabric surprise!


DSCN1805
Japanese fabric goodness! Kokka Trefle Carnival, BIKES, apples, and robots - plus numerous adorable scrap peices!


DSCN1807
Additional goodies - an adorable backpack that fit Mira, a book, a stuffie, a pleated pouch and thread


DSCN1822

Mira models the backpack - she loved it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment