Friday, June 17, 2011

Cathedral Conquered

Hmmm... what to do after a long vacation from sewing? Something new! Something interesting! Something that can be done in an evening!

Lucky for me I found this fantastic tutorial on a Cathedral Window (it's a sewing technique, generally looks very complicated). This tutorial is very different than any others I've seen for cathedrals in that it is simple! Easy! You can do it!

So, I did it:


Twice!

I loved that this combined origami-ish folding and sewing. These were so fun to make, and now I'm not sure what exactly to do with them, although I do have in mind a couple of recipients...

3 comments:

craktpot said...

Tha's really cute! You could to ANYthing with them! The process also made me think or origami. How big are they? It's to late for me to try one tonight or I would, LOL! Glad it worked out for you and thanks for sharing. <3

Lindsay Conner said...

Awesome! I'm working on cathedrals right now too--not so bad with a helpful tutorial!

amy and the bad cats said...

these are awesome! i checked out the tutorial and i'm not sure about tryig it, though.

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.