Friday, May 6, 2011

Butterfly Pillow

My friend and neighbor recently asked me to make a present for a little girl she knows. She had a very specific idea in mind - a Butterfly Pillow, made in patchwork like my Rainbow Pillow in the colors of the little girl's room.

I was happy to do it - a project involving colors I would not normally put together! It took much longer than I thought it would because of all the patchwork, but in the end I think it turned out beautifully.



It might be hard to notice, but I stitched along the wings where the butterfly's natural wing structure would be.

A fun project, and I hope that they like it!

4 comments:

craktpot said...

That's FAB! I like your piecing and stitching on the wings. I am sure she will just love it.

Ian and Vanessa said...

So soooo cute June- I love it!!

Kimberlee, The Spunky Diva said...

WOW! I love this pillow. I think my girls need one too.
~Kimberlee
www.TheSpunkyDiva.com

Lisa Ann said...

I love your patchwork butterfly! This is so cute!

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.