Saturday, April 23, 2011

The Market Love Tote

A new bag! This was a total spur of the moment designed by me but based on the super handy ChicoBag reusable shopping bag. It looked like it would be easy to replicate the idea: a lightweight tote bag, but in Fun and Fashionable Fabric.



I love love love how it turned out! The use? Shopping at your local farmer's market! Hence the "Vermont Love" applique on the front. Fill it up with some serious VT love - we're talking Maple syrup, fresh eggs, apples, beets, strawberries... Oh I can't wait until summer.

Anyone who knows might see the irony in this design. I used "Central Park" fabric to make this tote, so really it should be a picture of NY on the front, but since I live here in VT... Vermont Love it is.

I even got a real live Vermonter to model the bag.
She's a trouper (and a good friend) to be sleeveless in a freezing wind chill. In April.




entering this tote in the Moda Bake Shop April Contest


Linking up to:
Sew Modern Mondays
Fabric Tuesdays, Take a look Tuesday, Handmade Tuesdays, Sew Cute Tuesday

12 comments:

Kim said...

Super sweet!!!!!

Trisha said...

I love how it turned out! Super cute :)!!

Rachel said...

your model looks pregnant. FWIW she is NOt. The bag however is BEAUTIFUL!

Margot said...

I love this!!

Sara @ Sew Sweetness said...

Cute!! I love my Chico bags, but yours is definitely way better!!

Eleni said...

This is so cute!! I love this bag!! ! I love the colors you chose:)

Lee said...

So cute! And it looks really useful, too. : )

Katy said...

Very Cute.

Hollie said...

Love the tote! It's adorable.

Megan said...

Great bag! Thanks for linking up to {Sew} Modern Monday!

Sew Many Mamas said...

What a great bag! Great job!

Queen of Dreamsz said...

Hi JuneBug,

I love that bag! It would make a great bag for my crochet supplies or handsewing. I'm visiting for Fabric Tuesday. I'd love to have you come by for a visit.

Pink Sparkles for your day,
Stephanie ♥

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.