Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Sew in Spring

Do you ever do something that is like an epiphany? Where you've always wondered "how do they DO that?" and then you figure it out, learn how??? Well, this bag was an epiphany for me. I could never figure out how to make bags with zipper pockets. It baffled me. And then Anna at Noodleheads released her newest pattern, the 241 Tote. And I did it! And it was so. much fun.


I chose fabrics that scream SPRING, even though it snowed here yesterday. And these fabrics do SCREAM spring... Next time I'll go more muted, more grownup pallette. I did make modifications... one front zip pocket instead of 2, and an interior zip pocket identical to the front one. Because for me, an interior zip pocket is a neccessity.


I LOVE the curves on this bag. And it was a dream to sew it, really fun and great directions.

I used home dec fabric for the main outer body of the bag so that I could get away with lightweight interfacing. And I didn't put the magnetic closure in because I forgot to buy one!

I can't wait to make another.

Linking to:
Quilt Story Fabric Tuesday
Sew Modern Monday
Whimsy Couture
We did it Wednesday
Strut your stuff @ Somewhat Simple

4 comments:

Post a Comment