Monday, March 21, 2011

The Great Raisin Extraction of 2011

All day long. All day long this little babe is saying to me "way-san", and pointing to her nose.



Correction. Pointing *up* her nose. So I ask her if she put a raisin up her nose. She said yeah. But never does it occur to me to actually look up her nose. I mean, I checked that she could breathe and everything, but did I look? Nope. Keith did. After dinner. She had raisins at breakfast. And what was in that cute little nostril? Oh yes. A snot-rehydrated...RAISIN. So we (correction: Keith) performed the Great Raisin Extraction of 2011. With tweezers. It was gross. And hilarious. And very hopefully won't be repeated.

8 comments:

Lemonpuss said...

That is great. She's clearly a great communicator! Grif put a grapefruit seed up his nostril one time. It burned him and made him tear up like the dickens.

First and last nasal exploration chez nous, thankfully.

Jess & Jenn said...

Love it!!
Can she really say "way san?" Asher is WAY behind then ;-)

Lizzie Brown said...

Hahaha! I love that picture.

Sue said...

She is her grandfather's. Roy put a pearl up his nose. I must have heard the story a thousand times.

ohkeeka said...

Oh no! At least you found it the same day. My cousin did that with a piece of paper and my aunt didn't find it for weeks--she had a foul odor that followed her wherever she went and it turned out to be the paper. So, you know, it could be worse. :)

PuppyLovePrincess said...

My brother once got a scented eraser stuck up his nostril. My preschool teacher mom had him close the other nostril and blow his nose into a tissue and it came out easypeasy. I guess this sort if thing happens a lot with curious little ones...

CJ said...

She is adorable! I'm so thankful that my kids never did the raisin up the nose. Glad your hubby was able to do the extraction. ;)

Carpenters said...

I'm glad it ended well. I put a pebble up my nose when I was young and had to go under general anesthesia to have it removed. Not fun. So good that it didn't come to that. Here's hoping she doesn't repeat it.

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.