Friday, March 11, 2011

Clutch for a Kid

One great thing about being able to sew and having a plethora of materials at hand is that I can whip up a birthday gift pretty quickly. Lili's been invited to a classmate's party this weekend, and I gave her the option to "make or buy". If you will recall, the "make or buy" decision came up at Valentines Day as well, and as with Vday I was hoping and nudging for the "buy" option, because frankly, it's less cerebral.

But my girl insisted on the "make" (again) and so we ventured downstairs to make Erin a pencil pouch just like the one I made for Lili for a recent plane trip. It's very easy, uses 3 types of fabric, and is pretty stiff due to the interfacing. We filled it up with goodies that any kid (and kid at heart) would love and wrapped it all up in a bow!

Hopefully the birthday girl will love it, as it was custom made for her :)



2 comments:

Veronica said...

So cute!Well done!
Your blog is really cute!
Follow me? I'd be very happy if you do it!
Thank you so much!
www.cipollainspiration.blogspot.com

Ruthie said...

I'm thinking all of your etsy pictures should feature one or both of your girls showing off the products. You need to start exploiting their uber-cuteness! ;)

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.