Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Swooping Solids Pillow


Inspiration comes from so many sources... My addiction to rainbows combined with this quilt, and some art from the Minneapolis Institute of Art:

via elsie marley
art info: Tahkt-I-Sulayman Variation II by Frank Stella


It all combined in my head to make the Swooping Solids Pillow. It's my first foray into machine quilting, and I really really enjoyed making it. I will very likely be using these techniques more in the future!


I'm particularly proud of the enclosure: A zipper along the back, carefully tailored.



Blogger's Pillow Party
This pillow will be entered in both the Bloggers Pillow party and the Sew Mama Sew Pillow Month Contest
also linking up to the Quiltstory Fabric Tuesdays!

Fresh Poppy Design

9 comments:

Post a Comment