Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Rainbow Sweaters!

This is a true achievement for me. Not one thing that turned out just how I hoped it would, but TWO!

Remember that sweater I hacked up and sewed back together for Mira? Well, I did it again, times two.

Here's the story...

Lili loves for her outfit and Mira's outfit to match, but that is hard with two separate handmedown wardrobes.

I have two similar color cardigans from the clothing swap. (AKA Free stuff to mess around with)

There is a sweater from my memory, one that I really wanted to buy but it was too expensive, that was an asymmetrical cardigan with a rainbow of buttons. I loved it but could not justify buying it.

Lili loves rainbows.

I have successfully revamped one sweater... Maybe I can do it again?

So there you go. About 2.5 hours per sweater. And my big TAH-DAH Christmas present to the girls. I hope they love them as much as I do!



Want to make one yourself? See the tutorial here.

3 comments:

Lemonpuss said...

Gorgeous - they'll love them. I have GOT to get my crafty on - I am feeling stifled. Good for you!

Rachel said...

I am in awe of your sewing ability.

Along the Ausable said...

Great job June! I love a rainbow just as much as that cute Lili of yours does. I'm sure they will treasure those sweaters foorever.

Post a Comment