Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Handmade is good

I know I have expounded my love for etsy recently, and I continue to be amazed at what I can find there. For such reasonable prices.

Most recently, I was looking for a small wall clock. These are pretty hard to find in those TJMaxx/Homegoods/Marshalls type stores, and the Etsy bell rang in my head. I found some beautiful wooden turned clocks, and asked the woodworker if he could make me a custom one, smaller than any of the ones he had listed.

The answer, "no problem!" and tremendously fast, for a custom handcrafted item. It arrived today, and it is gorgeous. Blends in well above the mantle amidst family photos. Just exactly what I wanted.



So if you're in the market for a beautiful one of a kind clock, you should check out Twig Soup on Etsy. And if natural wood isn't your style, browse around Etsy for other clocks. It's amazing what you can find.

2 comments:

Along the Ausable said...

nice clock! i've been eyeing this one on etsy for months: http://www.etsy.com/listing/54544397/happy-gnome-moving-eyes-clock-germany?ref=sr_list_1&ga_search_query=gnome+clock&ga_search_type=vintage&ga_page=&order=&includes%5B0%5D=tags&includes%5B1%5D=title&filter%5B0%5D=vintage

Hye Rin ♥ 김혜린 said...

it's so beautyful^^

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.