Thursday, December 9, 2010

A Dozen Cuties

Wow. I've been sewing alot lately, huh? Most recently, Lili's teachers' presents. Lili has 6 teachers. And she's recently informed me, 2 additional teachers who are area college students working in the classroom one or two days a week. Normally, I wouldn't count them as gift receivers, but Lili is so aware of fairness that I must take heed. Besides, I decided to make an even dozen of these things so I might as well give them away!

A dozen what? Lil' Cutie pouches! Remember those bike baskets I made over the summer? Well, the same clever lady over at Noodleheads has a great tutorial for these super fast super adorable purse pouches, and I've been wanting to make them for a long time. And the giving season is a great excuse to sew cute things that nobody really needs.

So, armed with my beautiful array of inexpensive zippers, I set to work. I worked in stages, cutting, ironing, sewing, flipping, pressing. It was fun! But I have to say, I'm a little sick of staring at the fabrics I chose. Kind of like saying the same word over and over again, you lose the meaning.

But seeing them all lined up like this, I am proud of myself, and dang they are CUTE!


You might notice there are only 11 in the picture. That's because Lili snatched hers right up before it had even cooled.

These are some beautifully lined treasures!

7 comments:

Carpenters said...

Gorgeous! I'm with Lili, snatch these up.

tellerspoint said...

June,

These are gorgeous!! So cute! I don't know how you run the household and do this too. I'm inspired!

Warm Solstice greetings to you, Keith and the girls.

Hugs,
Joan

Autumn Bradshaw said...

These are so fabulous! Thanks so much for sharing this :) Yours look so great! I might just have to give these a try.

Courtney said...

These are awesome! I have some smaller pieces of fabric here that might be of greater use to you than me...if I ever get my stuff together, I will send them along to you, since you're working some sewing machine magic these days!

I see etsy in your not too distant future!

Katherine ( Katie) Corrigan said...

These are terrific!

Ruthie said...

These are fabulous, June!

~~Tracey~~ said...

What a great idea! Just darling! Love, love love! (adding to my list of projects to try...)

Post a Comment