Tuesday, November 23, 2010

One for the books

I've mentioned Lili's proliferous amount of artwork recently. Today, not being a school-day, she decided to start taking some of it down. I think she realized that the open wall space was quickly diminishing. In any case, she wanted a place to save all the art on the walls for "when I have my own house when I'm a grownup". So I gave her a box, and she spent the next half hour or so taking down pictures.

Incidentally, the "Dear Mom and Dad, it is November note" stayed up because "I won't live with you when I'm a grownup".

Fast forward to tonight, many minutes after tucking her in for bed, she comes out sobbing because "I don't want to live away from you and Mama". Sobbing. And I knew this day would come when she realizes that she's independent from us, but that thought is just so scary.

And so I held her tight, and cherished that moment, because I know when she's 14, or 16, or 18 she might not feel that way anymore.

I love you, Lil. And I'm happy to live with you forver.

3 comments:

Shelby said...

awww, well she may not want to live in your house forever, but I would be willing to bet you will always have the same place in her little heart! Happy Thanksgiving June. I hope you have a wonderful day!

eyeheartorange said...

that is so cute. It reminds me of a funny quote from Home Alone (yes I admit I love that movie): "When I grow up and get married, I'm living alone!"

OPEN HOUSE May 9th and 10th said...

I LOVE that! And really cute outfit!

Post a Comment