Saturday, November 20, 2010

Fabbbbbric

In my quest to win some fabric online, I've discovered many (many many) online fabric stores. I'm enjoying browsing different patterns, and discovering certain designers that I veer toward, such as Moda Fabrics. They have some great modern prints and lovely colors.

Anyway, I happened upon Above All Fabric, and they seem to have a great assortment of everything related to sewing. I was able to make a wishlist there, which is nice because I have trouble keeping track of all the nice patterns I see, and it was good to put them all in one place.

Anyway, things I notice...

Japanese prints are all the rage (hint to my cousin in Japan... wanna hook me up?) and I found this print that is just adorable. I love woodsy, whimsical.


And in my perusal of fabric online, I find most of it is quilting related. So I'm learning all these quilting terms for fabric bundles, such as jelly roll. It's a roll of precut strips of fabric. Absolutely genius. Already color coded for your sewing pleasure. And now I'm obsessed with them.


Another thing I've noticed is that my girls seem to have been "labeled". Lili is a floral and butterfly girl - her curtains, sheets, many clothing peices all have flowers and/or butterflies. But Mira? She's a bird girl. Case in point... curtains, bundle me, and one of her blankies all have birds! I didn't realize it while I was choosing the fabrics, but there you have it. And so this print really spoke to me:


And I realize that I just made a whole post about fabric. I wonder when the obsession will end... Off to sew!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.