Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Vacation, Part 1

We're back from a many-day many-place vacation and I'm semi-recovered. I've been reminded that I haven't been so great about posting lately so I'm going to use the vacation as a little blog fodder.

Part 1 took place mostly at the Jersey City Hyatt, which is a pretty great hotel on the Hudson River, overlooking the Manhattan Skyline. You can even see the Statue of Liberty from there and so it was a pretty spectacular place to be for a couple of days. We were there for a wedding on Keith's side of the family, and Lilian had the honor of being the flower girl.

Have you ever been in a bridal party? I had no idea the greuling day that was ahead of my little four year old. She was amazingly patient through 4 hours of pictures and waiting and all after an exhausting day traveling down to the city. I was beyond impressed with her ability to make it through the day and walk down that aisle without even a rehearsal. We just told her what to do, and she did it (to the best of her ability - I think forgetting to drop petals until halfway down the aisle is totally forgivable).

It was a beautiful and fun and funny wedding and wonderful to spend time with family.

towards the end of pictures, she's hungry, and tired, and dealing with it well

just before the ceremony? her face says it all...


she loved posing for pictures!

The visit was nice, but the drive in and out reminds me that I am SO not a city person! Traffic is totally my enemy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.