Sunday, June 13, 2010

Two posts in one

This post involves two separate stories that merged into one...

Story 1: Last weekend, we were in Montreal and visited the Insectarium that is in the Botanical garden. Lili was running on steam and so when my mom went to the snack shop I asked her to pick something out for Lili. She brought back yogurt (which Lili didn't want) and Salt and Vinegar flavored.... crickets. Lili promptly ate one but would not eat the rest of them.

What to do with these crickets?

Story 2: We were invited to a neighborhood friend's birthday party. Monster themed. No presents allowed! Well, I don't like to go to parties empty handed so I asked the kid what is the favorite flavor of cake? Chocolate. Frosting? Ginger. Weird combo, but OK! Coming right up a chocolate cake and ginger frosting (from scratch). And if you know me, you know I'm not a big fan of making themed cakes. For themed cakes I buy from the store. But in this case... genius!

Merged story... see the pictures!


4 comments:

Rachel said...

ewwww ewwww ewwwww.

Melissa said...

You didn't say if YOU tried them??

Ruthie said...

how did this go over with the neighbor? will you be invited back? :)

gina said...

Haha! I love this, June! You are so creative. I wonder how well the salt & vinegar flavors blended with the ginger and chocolate?!

Also... can't believe you have a Mac!!

Miss you!

Post a Comment