Thursday, June 17, 2010

Pass it on...

Paying it Forward. It's a good concept. I helps us remember good things in life and spreading those good things around. As they say in Care-A-Lot, sweetness goes a long way if you're willing to share.

So it all started with C (well maybe not "all"), and L was so kind as to choose all her commenters as "winners" so here I am in the Pay it Forward chain. And I'm so glad to be because now I get the chance to find out what makes my readers happy and get/give a little bit of happiness in return.

But I'm going to mix it up a little. After almost a week of single parenting (with the help of my brother, sister in law, and niece), I'm thinking of the things I (try to) do to me a better person. And for me, the "better" involves more patience, more calmness, more understanding, less guilt. Appreciating the good little things and letting go of bad little things. It's work, and I'm working on it.

And I want to know how other people better themselves as well. So tell me how you better yourself (and therefore the world) and I will select three (3) people to receive a little reward from me...

Here's how it works:

1. You must comment on this post. The comment must include at least one method in which you better yourself.

2. If you are a winner, I ask that you pay-it-forward however you'd like: in-person, online, in writing, whatever...just commit to doing something nice for three people in the spirit of paying-it-forward. I will not check up on you (bettering myself #392: no nagging). However, if you don't intend to pay it forward, please don't play.

3. If selected to pay-it-forward, you must trust me enough to send me your address (I'll ask for it later - don't post it in the comments). If you don't trust me enough to send me your address, you'll just be the recipient of good vibes that I will mentally send your way. And an honorable mention in the blogosphere.

So, if you want to participate, then answer this question... What is something you do that makes you a better person?

4 comments:

L said...

Special tiny treat is coming -- just need to find the right box...

Better myself? Well, I think my blog actually really helps bc it makes me focus on all that is good in my life. And, patience -- I strive to have more patience...

Rachel said...

Better myself....Exercise and taking time for me. As much as it pains (pun intended) to get out and exercise I know that the healthier I am the better i am.

Along the Ausable said...

i like to gossip and i vent way too much about my in-laws. bad. so, i exercise to improve my mental health and purge my mind of the crap. i try to focus on the beauty around me and friends and family so i don't fall into the angry trap. volunteering at the library helps too, it's quiet there and bs-free.

eyeheartorange said...

I try not to say no to people in need whenever I can help it. There are so many homeless around me here and it breaks my heart to look people in the eye and say no when they ask for help, or worse, to walk by like they don't exist. So I help.

Post a Comment