Sunday, June 20, 2010

Messless Crafting

Those who know me well know that I am not so good with messes. They stress me out. But I like to craft and am trying to loosen up a little on the messes so that Lili can also enjoy crafting. It's a good time filler and she really enjoys it.

A favorite low mess craft around here involves coffee filters (that I took from a hotel) and washable markers. Draw on the filter with marker - more color the better, and then use a paintbrush with just water to paint the filter. It makes a beautiful water color tie dye pattern that you can then hang in the window for a pretty effect!


1 comments:

Along the Ausable said...

That post couldn't have come at a better time! I'm doing a workshop at the library in a couple weeks, Take a Dip into Reading! Story time with bookmark crafts and was trying for a water theme from the Make a Splash, Read! grant. That would be perfect for the younger kids and cut the filters into strips. Thanks!

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.