Thursday, May 13, 2010

I've been cooking

Meal planning has never been my strong suit. And now that we live very close to a grocery store, it's so easy to pop out to the store to pick up something for dinner. Wait, scratch that, I have two kids and it takes us about half an hour to get ready to go anywhere, nevermind that the older now thinks it is quite the chore to go grocery shopping...

So, this week I did good. Made enough of good things to not have to cook one night, and staggered the meals so that we got to have new with old, which is great for more than the fact that it's not just "leftovers" - it also means less cooking all at once.

Sunday - Veggie Chili with chips and cheese
Monday - Veggie Chili with Quinoa salad (limed this time)
Tuesday - Quinoa Salad with Stuffed Portobellos
Wednesday - Some of all of the above
Thursday - Orzo Chicken
Friday - Hopefully leftover Orzo chicken, but we'll see.

Plus, apple crisp from yucky soft apples, and today homemade Tapioca Pudding! I'd never made pudding before so it should be interesting.

Anyway, a picture and a link for the mushrooms. They were an experiment that turned out pretty well and made me feel good for eating "healthy". Obviously, I put mozz cheese on top instead of parmesan...

What's on YOUR plate tonight? I need more ideas for next week!


2 comments:

Along the Ausable said...

Roasted broccoli with chopped walnuts and garlic in tossed over bow tie pasta with a little bit of butter and parmesan cheese. Simple and so good. Sometimes for we get those fancy chicken sausages for protein - chardonnay and apple, grill them and cut it up in the pasta.

Courtney said...

I've been on a chicken roasting kick lately. Roast veggies, potatoes, etc. in the pan with it. Hour, and dinner is, nearly mindlessly, done.

Plus there are always leftovers. And, it's grill season. Farmer's Market + Grilling = happy me!

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.