Sunday, May 23, 2010

Chaiiiiiice Cream

About a year ago, we made some ice cream without an ice cream machine. It was good, but the flavor variations are limited, so...

After a neighbor re-inspired me to make my own ice cream (hers was cinnamon ice cream!), I broke out our ice cream maker and whipped up some Chai Ice Cream. The flavor is inspired by Keith, who made some Chaicecream in a food science class in college.

Chai Ice Cream

2c 2% milk
1c heavy cream
1/2 cup sugar
1 chai tea bag
pinch ground cardamom
dash nutmeg
dash allspice
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground ginger

Heat the milk, and steep the tea bag in it for a few minutes. Our teabag broke in the mix and so there are flecks of tea in the ice cream. Not a bad thing, but if you don't want to eat tea don't let the teabag break. Add sugar, cream, and spices, and stir well (or in my case add it all to a quart jar and shake well). Refridgerate until cold. Add to your ice cream maker and follow the directions to freeze into ice cream.

Serve with ginger cookies!

1 comments:

Rachel said...

I'm going to try this. It looks YUMMY and Q's been after me to make Ice cream for weeks.

Post a Comment