Thursday, February 4, 2010

Family time

Family time does a body good.

We had a last-minute-drop-everything-and-go visit to my brother's house earlier in the week and it was a great but very short overnight visit. Getting to spend time with my brother and sis in law and baby Alexa was very refreshing and did wonders for my spirit. It helped a lot to see that Alexa (who is 7 weeks older than Mira) can grab and play with things... I forget in the midst of all this mothering that Mira won't be helpless and fussy forever. Fussy, maybe, but helpless, not.

And I think being there was also great motivation for Mira! Keith remembers that Lili reached many developmental milestones while we were on trips, so maybe the same will be for her sister. Or maybe we just notice them more when we are not home. I think Mira is starting to realize her hands, and as you can see in the last post, she seems to have some motivation for moving around.

In fact, if you look closely at this picture, you can see that Mira really is shaking her arm and looking at the toy attached to her wrist. While we were there, I definitely didn't think she could do that!

1 comments:

eyeheartorange said...

awww, family. A good sibling visit is often just the thing for me, too.

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.