Monday, August 10, 2009

The Elusive Belly shot

Okay, people (Tera), here it is! The elusive belly shot. This was taken at almost 27 weeks (I am right now at 28 weeks). I have to say, that it is really hard to feel cute when you are pregnant and it is 85 degrees out, with high humidity. I finally asked Keith to take a belly shot if only because we should have at least one for this pregnancy.

What do I think so far? I've been carrying very low, and as they say in Chinese "jian jian", which kind of translates to "pointy", all of which culminates in the fact that I think it's a boy in there. I am so certain, that I will be really shocked if it isn't.

The nausea finally passed around week 25, after which I had a couple of weeks of feeling grrreat! But now, I just feel big and tired, and I expect that will continue for the next few months until the end. I've been feeling lots of guilt over the fact that it's harder to play with Lili and that I just can't give her the energy she wants. But, all that prepares her for the months following the birth, I guess.

She asks about the baby a lot. What it can and can't do when it's first born, what it will eat, what she will be able to do with it. I really appreciate how in tune she is with the whole process. I'm hoping it won't be a huge shock to her, we'll see.

Anyway, here it is! If I can eke out any belly cute-ness in the next few weeks, I'll post another. Who knows, maybe a haircut will help?


3 comments:

sweet p. said...

Dude, I'm definitely calling it: boy. My 'bruja boricua' side says that it's definitely a boy - carrying low and pointy belly = boy! You look awesome! I never seem to have pics either since I'm the one behind the lens :-)

Ian and Vanessa said...

Lookin good June!!

eyeheartorange said...

Yay! I think you look cute. I love belly shots! Thanks for sharing :)

Post a Comment