Sunday, July 5, 2009

This thing they call Nesting

So. Nesting. It is, supposedly, a phenomenon of pregnancy. I can't say that I experienced it very much with Lilian, but for this baby... as with everything else, it is so different.

For the past month, I have been consumed with thinking about getting a dresser. I don't know why, but I must have a dresser. So yesterday, Keith found one I had also eyed at Burlington Furniture, and we bought it. Too bad two of the runners are broken. Nesting Foiled, count 1.

Same day as the dresser purchase, Keith discovered that the crib we have been meticulously saving for the baby has been recalled. Suffocation risk. Known fatalities. And the company that distributed it is now out of business (big surprise). Grrreeeaaat. Nesting Foiled, count 2.
(Note: we should be able to return the thing to Target. But we don't have a Target in Burlington. So maybe a trek to Plattsburg?)

And, we are working on the downstairs family room. I'm removing trim from the doorways and the windows, and Keith is repairing a closet corner. All in preparation of painting and putting down flooring so that the space can be livable. Nesting in progress, count 1.

Off to buy paint!

2 comments:

Post a Comment