Sunday, June 7, 2009

Book Report

I have been doing a lot of reading during this pregnancy. Mostly to keep my mind off of how demanding and uncomfortable my body has become (note: well into week 19, and still throwing up. Not infrequently.). So I read through the Twilight series again. And then Harry Potter books 6 and 7. And then I was stumped. I needed something to take my mind off things. And so for the first time, I asked the librarian. And she handed me this:


I love dogs. No surprise to anybody who's ever known me. So this drew my attention. Plus it is about a boy who doesn't speak, so that aura of intrigue exists. Mostly it was one of those books that very slowly reveals and unravels itself, so that in the beginning you're not so sure you'll ever finish it and then by the end you can't read fast enough. In terms of books that I have personally read, it was pretty unique in it's styling. I'm not sure enjoyable is the word I would use, but mesmerizing and feeling would be. It would be a great book club book. It was just a great book. I hope I remember to re-read it someday. I won't spoil the end for you but know this: I am a sucker for a happy ending, and that influenced how I feel about the book. Now go visit your local library!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.