Saturday, June 20, 2009

20 week ultrasound

We had our "20 week" ultrasound this past week and got to have a good look at the baby. It is estimated to be about 13 oz at this point, and it was moving around a lot during the ultrasound (unlike it's cousin was for hers!) and so we got to see some really amazing views of it.

We told the doc upfront that we were waiting to find out the gender, but man is patience hard for me. So part way through I asked her if she knew what it was yet and she was very coy in answering "why do you ask?". Then, just as she was leaving the office, she said "Oh, and I do know what it is! Bye!" and ducked right out before we had a chance to change our minds... Most everyone thinks it is a boy, but my dad just said he thinks girl. And he was the only one right last time, so we'll see!

In either case, all the major body parts are accounted for, as are all the major internals. So everything looks good and we're happy about that. I was most impressed to see the nose/mouth shot of the ultrasound, and the little tiny butt. Lili was pretty disinterested in the ultrasound process, and was more into reading one of the office books. Can't really blame her; it's hard to tell what you're looking at. But she's pretty interested in the printouts of the ultrasound. She is also leaning towards it being a girl, and she plans on calling it "Ice Cream".


skeletor image of the head/face

baby's left hand

bottom of baby's left foot, and on the right side, a little teeny butt!

6 comments:

Rachel said...

your pregnancy is just flying by for me :)

Sue said...

Ice cream were the first words that Keith knew how to spell. Ask him to tell you how he figured it out.

sweet p. said...

Ha, Sue - I've totally heard that story before!

June _ our good friend Jill was pregnant with a boy and her 3 y/o decided to name it Bacon - and to this day poor Jack is somedays referred to as Bacon. Everyone loves bacon, right?

Ian and Vanessa said...

So glad to hear baby "ice cream" is good and healthy!! I admire your patience in waiting to find out the gender!!

eyeheartorange said...

Awww, I love those sonogram pictures. They are so sweet in a lo-res-grainy sort of way :)

Scary Mommy said...

Oh, so exciting!! I sobbed at the ultrasounds both times I found out I was having a boy. Sobbed. But three girls? I cannot imagine. Nor do I want to!!

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.