Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Kids in the Kitchen

I know, I know. You're thinking "Kids in the Kitchen? Must be a disaster". Frankly, sometimes it is. But you know me well enough to know that we've been baking with Lili since she was just a few months old!

This MOMS club series that I've started involves making basic recipes with a group of kids. Mostly, I do most of the prep work, and the kids get to do the fun part. Last time it was muffin mix-ins. This time, we made SOFT PRETZELS. I don't know what gave me the inspiration to do so, but hallelujah. They were delicious. I'm seriously considering making another batch this evening. I could have eaten 5 of them, easily. Straight out of the oven. The smell and texture was just incredible. Perhaps even better than Auntie Annes.

Anyway, get the recipe here. Try it with cinnamon sugar or sesame seeds instead of salt.

And hey... at least this wasn't strictly a food post!

1 comments:

Anna said...

These look delicious! I will have to try them soon.

Post a Comment