Sunday, May 3, 2009

I'll have another!

Baby, that is... Yes, we are having another baby! And I have not really been in the right mood to post about it because the first trimester has been pretty rotten, and I haven't been so happy about being pregnant, and I didn't want to bring anyone down by ranting about it here.

But now that we're past 14 weeks, and the nausea is passing, and I can actually already feel the baby, and all our friends and family pretty much know, I thought maybe it's time to spread the joy.

The baby is due at the end of October, and we won't be finding out the gender beforehand. I have an inkling it's a boy, but I'm not the greatest guesser in the world so maybe it won't be! Lilian is very aware of the new presence and she talks about the baby a lot. She hopes for a sister, but she understands it could go either way. Although she likes to with hold hugs and kisses from me, she happily dispenses them to the baby (my lower abdomen).

It amazes me how different it has been this 2nd time around. My body is already showing, mostly because my stomach and other organs have already shifted upward in anticipation of the squeeze. I've been a lot sicker than I was with Lilian, but in totally different ways. I have said to Keith over and over that we likely won't have any more kids, because I don't think I can live through another 1st trimester like that one was. Hopefully it will be pretty smooth sailing from here on out!

1 comments:

Ian and Vanessa said...

Yay for more babies! So glad to hear you are feeling much better lately! :)

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.